Skip to main content

Council Tax Exemption for Properties Needing Major Repairs

1Your Details 2Enquiry Details

Errors on this form


    Rate your experience using our forms

    Click on a star below to rate (between 1 to 5)
    Thank you for rating!

    Sign up for a Flintshire My Account to save time and keep track of your enquiries

    Register Now

    Your Details


    Enquiry Details

    A property that is empty and unoccupied may be exempt from Council Tax for up to 12 months if:-

    • It requires, or is undergoing, major repair work to make it habitable, OR

    • It is undergoing structural alterations.

    We may need to visit the property to see if you are entitled to an exemption from Council Tax, but we will normally contact you to arrange a convenient time to visit.

    Personal Details

    What is the address of the empty property you are applying for exemption on?

    What is the full name of the owner of this property

    What address are you currently living at whilst works are ongoing?

    Property Details


    Files Uploaded


      The information I have given on this form is correct. If I qualify for an exemption from Council Tax, I agree to tell Flintshire County Council if the property becomes occupied.

      Would you like to receive your council tax bill by e-mail?